Friday, February 7, 2014

Happy has five letters, pizza has five...coincidence?

I know it's important to exercise and eat healthy especially with a disease that weight is a factor. Coincidentally I am pre-diabetic on top of the PCOS that I have. So you can imagine that it's really hard to keep focused. It is confusing to think that well I could have some strawberries or and orange; and then I remember that those are too sugary. So while in fact I can have them and they are healthy I still have to have fruits in moderation. A snack I find particularly not dreadful to have every morning or every other morning is plain non fat yogurt, granola, and a small amount of fruit. I find that this helps with the "bitter" taste of the plain yogurt and I quite enjoy the crunch. Unfortunately this morning R and I were running late. We had no time to eat breakfast so we settled for gas station food. Suddenly as I walked through the door I saw one of my biggest nightmares. A mouthwatering cheese, sausage, and egg smothered breakfast pizza. IT IS MY WEAKNESS! So while the thought crossed in my mind "If you're truly hungry you would be willing to eat something healthy...if not then it is a craving." I knew in the back of my head I shouldn't grab for those slices...but what did I do? I grabbed them and savored every moment of eating them. Yes I feel guilty. Yes the thought of giving in and succumbing to the craving is going to bother me all day. I'm human and I turn the floor to you. In the comment section tell me what is your worst craving and what you did when faced with the choice to eat it or not? - Love Sav



No comments:

Post a Comment